You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 3 not reading notifications

I have an iPhone 13 Pro, and AirPods 3. My phone is currently on iOS 16.5.1. I have announce notifications turned on, when I get a message, it will turn down the volume but it will not actually read the message. And then the volume will return to normal. I have tried everything I have found. I have restarted my phone and reset my AirPods several times, turned announce notifications on and off. Nothing has worked. Thanks I’m advance for any help.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 8:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 28, 2023 11:40 AM in response to Emc458

Hi

Did you get it sorted out somehow? I have the iPhone 11 and the AirPods 2. When I receive the notification, I only get the chime that it makes before reading the notification, but the notification isn’t read, in stead, Siri get silent after that chime. It looks like this is a common issue without a resolution. Please let me know: Do you hear any chime when the music is lowering?

AirPods 3 not reading notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.