You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone says "iphone unavailable try in 60 minutes. What is going on with this?

My iphone says "iphone unavailable try in 60 minutes. What is going on with this?

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:51 PM

If you're going to carry your iPhone in your pocket, I'd highly recommend you turn off Tap to Wake.

Settings > Accessibility > Touch > > Tap or Swipe to Wake (turn it off). You'll have to tap the power button to wake up your screen, but you won't accidentally have what happened to you again.

13 replies

Jul 5, 2023 4:46 PM in response to mlritzi

Yes, after an hour you should be able to enter the passcode and unlock the phone. If you are in the habit of carrying the phone in a pocket without a case there are 2 things you should do:

• Go to Settings/Face ID & Passcode, unlock it with your passcode, and turn off Raise to Wake.
  • When you carry the phone in your pocket carry it with the screen away from your body.

Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM in response to cyndy54

No, it is still a passcode issue. That is the only possible thing that can result in that message. Either someone or something (a child? pet?) touched the screen multiple times overnight, or your phone suffers from “ghost touch,” a hardware failure where the digitizer generates random touch signals. It can have 2 causes; either a faulty cable, or a failing digitizer. So the first step is to try a different cable if it was plugged in overnight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.