You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2001 iMac

Is there anyway to bring an old iMac up to current day standards? I am trying to set myself up with a second screen, but unsure if i should:

1) Use super old iMac

2) Buy a display screen

3) Get a second laptop

4) Would the Mac Mini boost it? (not exactly sure what the Mac mini does)

Not sure which is most cost efficient.

PS i am a home, student user. No fancy programs, just the usual Microsoft package with Teams and email and calendar.

K

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 3:07 AM

(not exactly sure what the Mac mini does)

it's a computer without a display connected and that comes without a mouse and keyboard

you can't bring a 21 year old computer up to current day standards, even if it's a typo and your imac is from 2010 or 2011 then you can't it does not support newer versions of MACos

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2023 3:07 AM in response to Kerry74

(not exactly sure what the Mac mini does)

it's a computer without a display connected and that comes without a mouse and keyboard

you can't bring a 21 year old computer up to current day standards, even if it's a typo and your imac is from 2010 or 2011 then you can't it does not support newer versions of MACos

2001 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.