You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word file reappearing

Whenever I close my word, it reopens automatically in my MacBook? And the AutoSave option is not working. Kindly suggest.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 9:04 AM

Are you closing it with the red traffic light or doing a true shut down? The red button only shifts it to background, it doesn't really closed the app. Clicking Word in the menu and then "Quit Word" shuts it down.

If auto save is not working, you need to get assistance for Microsoft. I've never er seen it fail and I go back to Word 5.

Have you checked your auto save panel to confirm it's actually set to auto save?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2023 9:04 AM in response to Word_Manu

Are you closing it with the red traffic light or doing a true shut down? The red button only shifts it to background, it doesn't really closed the app. Clicking Word in the menu and then "Quit Word" shuts it down.

If auto save is not working, you need to get assistance for Microsoft. I've never er seen it fail and I go back to Word 5.

Have you checked your auto save panel to confirm it's actually set to auto save?

Word file reappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.