You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag lost connection

Why my AirTag lost connection with my phone after successfully pairing it?

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 9:45 AM

There could be a number of reasons, but without more information from you, it will be hard to suggest what they may be.

For example:

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2023 9:45 AM in response to Lulu919

There could be a number of reasons, but without more information from you, it will be hard to suggest what they may be.

For example:

Jul 12, 2023 11:05 AM in response to Tesserax

• Yes, it’s a new AirTag bought from Apple,
  • Yes, it was properly set up because I was able to track it for more than 12 hours.
  • My phone is an iPhone 11 with iOS 16.5.1
  • I needed to reconnect again my AirTag to my phone. When I put it closed to my phone, the AirTag sent an signal to my phone connect it as did the first time.

Jul 12, 2023 12:37 PM in response to Lulu919

So, again, just to make sure I understand. You had successfully paired this AirTag with your phone. It was near your phone for at least 12 hours, then disappeared from the Find My app.

You then decided to try setting it up again; it paired successfully, but again the AirTag no longer shows up in the Find My app after a certain period of time ... correct?

If so, then it may be possible that either the battery (that came with it) or the tag itself, is defective. As such, I would suggest that you contact Apple Support directly for further assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

AirTag lost connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.