You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Cursor move unpredictably on new mouse and pad?

I have a brand new Mouse and a new mouse pad...the cursor still jumps wherever it wishes. It is beyond annyoying at this point. With due respect for the experience on here, the answers are usually something with the 'driver'. I have found that it ends up being some option somewhere that an 'update' caused. I am editing a document...12 pages and have several spots where I need to add a space between words....I place the cursor there, hit enter...and the cursor goes to the first page !! Something is wrong. Advice please. and Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 10:53 PM

BDAqua's suggestion is great, but also try the same setup on another computer and/or operating system (if you have acess) and see if the same problem ocours. If so , either follow BDAqua, or visit an apple store or service provider. Also try booting into safe mode and see if the issue persists. to do that , here is an article: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support (IN)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2023 10:53 PM in response to rlcpd

BDAqua's suggestion is great, but also try the same setup on another computer and/or operating system (if you have acess) and see if the same problem ocours. If so , either follow BDAqua, or visit an apple store or service provider. Also try booting into safe mode and see if the issue persists. to do that , here is an article: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support (IN)

Jul 13, 2023 10:01 PM in response to rlcpd

We need to see what all is running & machine specs, a report from this will not display any personal info...

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Why does Cursor move unpredictably on new mouse and pad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.