You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy notifications

My kids each got iPads this week. They are 9th generation. I set them both up for ask to buy. One of them sends me a text for approval. The other comes through as a notification. How do I get it to come as a text for both? I only see how to turn ask to buy on or off, not preferences of notifications

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 6:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:49 PM

You can't designate how to receive requests. They are sent as notifications but may end up in various places. According to the support article Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

"If you miss an Ask to Buy notification, you can find the request in Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac. If you don't see the request in Messages, you can find your Ask to Buy request in Notification Center."

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2023 8:49 PM in response to Stefaknee

You can't designate how to receive requests. They are sent as notifications but may end up in various places. According to the support article Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

"If you miss an Ask to Buy notification, you can find the request in Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac. If you don't see the request in Messages, you can find your Ask to Buy request in Notification Center."

Ask to buy notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.