You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug in latest MacOS 13.4.1 (c)

I've just updated my Macbook Air to MacOS 13.4.1 (c) today and the Menu bar doesn't show up in full screen mode when I'm using Google Chrome, Safari and other applications.

The dock sometimes doesn't show up. When it does, it gets stuck in full screen mode. It doesn't go away.

The expected behaviours:

• When in full screen mode, the top menu should appear when hovered over and disappear when not hovered over.
  • When in full screen mode, the bottom dock should appear when hovered over and disappear when not hovered over.

I have the "automatically show and hide menu bar" on - I haven't changed it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:49 AM

Sounds more like an issue with a third party startup item that is consuming valuable resources when needed. Using the advice from dialabrain should solve your problem. If the issue does not return after a normal boot, there is no need to investigate any further.

The follow up procedure if the issue continues after then doing a normal startup would be to diagnose what software is being installed on startup. The free version of EtreCheck is a useful diagnostic tool for doing that. The report can be uploaded here using the Additional Text option when posting. Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2023 8:49 AM in response to fri2mar0808

Sounds more like an issue with a third party startup item that is consuming valuable resources when needed. Using the advice from dialabrain should solve your problem. If the issue does not return after a normal boot, there is no need to investigate any further.

The follow up procedure if the issue continues after then doing a normal startup would be to diagnose what software is being installed on startup. The free version of EtreCheck is a useful diagnostic tool for doing that. The report can be uploaded here using the Additional Text option when posting. Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

Bug in latest MacOS 13.4.1 (c)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.