You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect an external SSD to my iPhone SE 2022?

connect an external SSD hard

drive to SE 2022?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 4:47 PM

Sure, but not for backups. This if the Related Article linked above is relevant to your goal.

Here is how to: Connect external storage devices to iPhone - Apple Support

You will need to provide sufficient power for the SSD, whether via the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, or via an external power supply intended for the SSD. I’d expect the external connection will work better. Whether the chosen adapter can provide enough power?

Manual file copies will work, as will as shortcuts.

iPhone backups are to iCloud, or to a Mac or PC.

You can also connect to a local SMB server on a Mac or Windows system, and copy individual files that way.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2023 4:47 PM in response to jrprusak

Sure, but not for backups. This if the Related Article linked above is relevant to your goal.

Here is how to: Connect external storage devices to iPhone - Apple Support

You will need to provide sufficient power for the SSD, whether via the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, or via an external power supply intended for the SSD. I’d expect the external connection will work better. Whether the chosen adapter can provide enough power?

Manual file copies will work, as will as shortcuts.

iPhone backups are to iCloud, or to a Mac or PC.

You can also connect to a local SMB server on a Mac or Windows system, and copy individual files that way.

How do I connect an external SSD to my iPhone SE 2022?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.