You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you import a Pages document into Notes?

I want to be able to import a pages document into my Notes app [working on desktop] - just tried [File-Import to Notes] and selected or tried to the document and it was greyed out and could not be selected.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 11:22 AM

Victoria,

You can simply create a new note and then drag and drop the Pages document into the Note.

When you double-click on that embedded Pages document, it will open in Pages.

Notes imports are restricted to text-oriented documents as discussed in Import and export notes on Mac - Apple Support. For instance, if I took that original Pages document and exported it to RTF (or RTFD in this case), then the Notes import chooser would reveal the RTFD and import the equation in that document:

RTFD because the equation in that Pages document is an embedded MathML formula.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2023 11:22 AM in response to Victoria Herring

Victoria,

You can simply create a new note and then drag and drop the Pages document into the Note.

When you double-click on that embedded Pages document, it will open in Pages.

Notes imports are restricted to text-oriented documents as discussed in Import and export notes on Mac - Apple Support. For instance, if I took that original Pages document and exported it to RTF (or RTFD in this case), then the Notes import chooser would reveal the RTFD and import the equation in that document:

RTFD because the equation in that Pages document is an embedded MathML formula.

How can you import a Pages document into Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.