You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete some but not every photo i've synced via finder

The photos on my iPhone take up a significant chunk of space and theres some that I want to delete. The problem is I've had to factory reset my phone in the past due to some personal matters but beforehand i imported all my photos and videos onto my mac. I synced all those photos back to my phone after the reset but not i'm barley able to do much with them in the photos app. Not only that but I cant even delete them. All the solutions say to sync again and delete them but that deletes every photo that has ever been synced and i don't want to delete some of them.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 11:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 3:33 AM

Do you stille have all photos on your computer? Back them up somewhere to keep them safe.

You have to sync again, but exclude the photos you do not want on the iPhone from the new sync.

When syncing again, select only the photos you want to keep on the iPhone.

If your photos are on your Mac in a Photos Library, create separate albums there with only the photos you want to sync to the iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2023 3:33 AM in response to ixithirsty

Do you stille have all photos on your computer? Back them up somewhere to keep them safe.

You have to sync again, but exclude the photos you do not want on the iPhone from the new sync.

When syncing again, select only the photos you want to keep on the iPhone.

If your photos are on your Mac in a Photos Library, create separate albums there with only the photos you want to sync to the iPhone.

How do I delete some but not every photo i've synced via finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.