You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could you tell me if my storage deal is secure. I recently received an email saying that my storage is no longer available after the 27th of july23 and details on how to move my contents. Is this true or could it be a scam . Thanks

I have recently received an email saying that my iCloud storage account will be closed down on the 27thjuly23. Giving details on how to transfer my photos mail etc. is this a scam ??

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 6:40 AM

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Only the copies of your photos stored in the My Photo Stream folder in iCloud will be deleted. Photos in your Photos libraries on your devices are safe. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud by reading this support article —> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" dates from 2011 and is an old precursor to iCloud Photos which replaced it in 2015*. Many people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud Photos. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos then you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the support article about what to do.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2023 6:40 AM in response to 321daneehs

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Only the copies of your photos stored in the My Photo Stream folder in iCloud will be deleted. Photos in your Photos libraries on your devices are safe. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud by reading this support article —> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" dates from 2011 and is an old precursor to iCloud Photos which replaced it in 2015*. Many people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud Photos. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos then you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the support article about what to do.

Could you tell me if my storage deal is secure. I recently received an email saying that my storage is no longer available after the 27th of july23 and details on how to move my contents. Is this true or could it be a scam . Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.