You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro M1 Pro (2021 model) screen flickering and ghosting/vertical lines

I want to reopen this issue in the hope that a fix has been found, as I cannot reply to all the other people having this problem. Like many others, I have tried everything to fix this issue. Thus far, I found that when it happens, changing the colour profile works for a few minutes, after which it arises again. It does not happen when I plug in my Acer KG1 KG281KA monitor but when I move between desktops with a swipe. Then the ghosting starts (when you can see where windows or icons were previously), after which my screen enters a rave and starts flickering as crazy (I found a video of someone that has the same). I tried new high-end cables, I tried to place a dongle in between, and I tried other screens/TVs. It also happens to a lesser extent on my 4K Samsung TV, but for some reason, it does not happen to a 4K monitor at my work. I contacted Apple for a check, but before I send my MacBook to repair for two weeks, I read that it is probably not a port issue. Apple suggested I do a full clean and reinstall macOS on my MacBook. So that is next on the list to try.

So I wonder if anyone has a solution before I waste another day trying to fix this issue. (Also if you still have this problem, do click that Me Too button!)

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 2:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 3:31 AM

Hi,

It must be hardware issue, probably Display panel or display driving circuit on logic board or flat cable which connect between display panel and logic board. You'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2023 3:31 AM in response to FFeiner

Hi,

It must be hardware issue, probably Display panel or display driving circuit on logic board or flat cable which connect between display panel and logic board. You'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Macbook pro M1 Pro (2021 model) screen flickering and ghosting/vertical lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.