You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 not charging with the MagSafe?

My iPhone 13 Pro is not charging via my MagSafe charger. It charges fine with the lightening port. Anyone else with this same issue? And how did you resolve?

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:07 AM

It's happened to me once or twice with an iPhone 12 Mini. The way you resolve it is to power off the phone and then restart it. This seems to clear the bad state it got into. If your problem is intermittent, this may work for you, too.

If you have problems with MagSafe charging all the time (despite doing power-off/power-on resets), the issue might be something more than a software glitch – something that requires hardware service.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2023 6:07 AM in response to Jimmy T.

It's happened to me once or twice with an iPhone 12 Mini. The way you resolve it is to power off the phone and then restart it. This seems to clear the bad state it got into. If your problem is intermittent, this may work for you, too.

If you have problems with MagSafe charging all the time (despite doing power-off/power-on resets), the issue might be something more than a software glitch – something that requires hardware service.

Jul 20, 2023 6:17 AM in response to Servant of Cats

That was a good recommendation, thank you. However, did not resolve my issue. Currently I have only one MagSafe charger. (I might pickup another soon) I think I'll visit my local Apple Store and try it on one of their MagSafe chargers to see if it's my charger or my phone.

I'll post here what I find out and how I resolved the issue. Thank you in advance for any and all recommendations!

iPhone 13 not charging with the MagSafe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.