You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod disconnects and turns off every other minute

I have a pair of first generation AirPods. Whenever I use them, the left airpod always disconnects every other minute despite it being at 96 or some similarly high battery percentage. This problem doesn’t apply to the right airpod however. As soon as I try to reconnect using just the left AirPod, it quickly fails to do so and I lose the airpod as an airplay/Bluetooth option.

I’ve tried to fix this by resetting the AirPods. I’ve forgotten and re-paired them with my phone. I’ve even restarted my iPhone. Nothing so far has helped.

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 11:05 AM

You seem too have done all the likely DIY fixes without success. The next stage is to contact Apple Support and arrange to get your AirPods checked by Apple's service techs.

1 reply

AirPod disconnects and turns off every other minute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.