You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t have a hover effect

Hello! I don’t have a hover effect of Apple Pencil on my settings. My device is a “pro” and my pencil is a 2 generation. What I can do? Please, help me!

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 1:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 3:56 AM

Full Hover functionally is only available to 2022 models of iPad Pro (i.e., the fourth generation iPad Pro 11” and sixth generation iPad Pro 12.9”). The 2021 models of iPad Pro only have access to the Accessibility hover functions* - as enabled from iPad settings:

Settings > Accessibility > Hover Text

This functionality is documented within the iPad User Guide. Here is a direct link to the associated page of the Guide:

Preview tools and controls with Apple Pencil - Apple Support

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see full hover functionality or other software features made available to earlier iPad models, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make a request:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

(*) It is interesting to note that the Accessibility Pencil Hover functions appear to have been suppressed with release of iPadOS 16.2 and later. As such, this implies that access Hover functions, for 2021 models of iPad Pro, are purely an imposed software limitation.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2023 3:56 AM in response to katya15

Full Hover functionally is only available to 2022 models of iPad Pro (i.e., the fourth generation iPad Pro 11” and sixth generation iPad Pro 12.9”). The 2021 models of iPad Pro only have access to the Accessibility hover functions* - as enabled from iPad settings:

Settings > Accessibility > Hover Text

This functionality is documented within the iPad User Guide. Here is a direct link to the associated page of the Guide:

Preview tools and controls with Apple Pencil - Apple Support

Apple do invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see full hover functionality or other software features made available to earlier iPad models, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make a request:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

(*) It is interesting to note that the Accessibility Pencil Hover functions appear to have been suppressed with release of iPadOS 16.2 and later. As such, this implies that access Hover functions, for 2021 models of iPad Pro, are purely an imposed software limitation.

I don’t have a hover effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.