You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Edit / See OM Systems OM-5 raw files (.orf format) in Apple Photos

When I imports photos from my OM Systems (previously Olympus) OM-5 Camera into photos, the jpegs import and I can edit them. The corresponding raw files import, but simply appear as grey boxes, and I cannot edit them. When I try to switch the original file from jpeg to raw, Photos is unable to open the OM-5 raw formatted files. Is there an update / download / plug-in I need that so that Photos can read the OM-5 raw (.orf) formatted images? I have an older Pen E-PL10 camera, also by Olympus (now OM Systems), and Photos can open and I can view / edit those raw files.

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 9:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

RAW compatible camera's - Apple Community

Might shed some light and offer a way of working. Basically Raw support needs to be added n a camera by camera basis, and Apple can be slow about it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot Edit / See OM Systems OM-5 raw files (.orf format) in Apple Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.