You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management

I have older iPad 4. I don’t hardly use it & a friend wanted to borrow it a couple hours. So I backed it all up to my iCloud & like factory reset it. He never did use it & gave it back. I tried to access & restore my iPad but it’s asking me for previous owners username & password to their Remote Management & I don’t know username or password & cannot contact previous owners who have Remote Management to have them remove their Remote Management. How do I get back into my iPad & all my data in it. It shows up on my iPhone 7 device.

Troy’s iPhone

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 8:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 8:52 AM

The Remote Management is tied to the device, not the Apple ID, that is why the device will show up on your iPhone. There is no way around providing the username and password to unlock the device. The company that set up the Remote Management software determines what the device is allowed to do, but resetting the device will always require the password to continue the set up.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2023 8:52 AM in response to EightyoneRedWhite

The Remote Management is tied to the device, not the Apple ID, that is why the device will show up on your iPhone. There is no way around providing the username and password to unlock the device. The company that set up the Remote Management software determines what the device is allowed to do, but resetting the device will always require the password to continue the set up.

Remote Management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.