You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how get photo stream without an apple device

I no longer have an apple device and would like to get my photos from Photo Stream before they shut it down. Any idea how this can be done from a PC?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 12:04 PM

fzmax wrote:

According to Apple it's there until 7/26.

That is true but Photo Stream only holds the last 30 days of photos. If it has been more than 30 days since you used Photos, there would be nothing there.

But, you may be able to access it from iCloud.com:

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

6 replies

Jul 24, 2023 12:24 PM in response to fzmax

fzmax wrote:

I no longer have an apple device and would like to get my photos from Photo Stream before they shut it down. Any idea how this can be done from a PC?

In addition to the above discussion of the Photo Stream feature...

Your photos stored in iCloud (if any) are fine, and those aren't going away, if you have those.

Only those in Photo Stream are going away. If there are any even in your Photo Stream.

You can access and download your photos from iCloud.com, or can install the iTunes app for Windows and access the photos that way.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Jul 24, 2023 12:22 PM in response to fzmax

fzmax wrote:

According to Apple it's there until 7/26.

According to Apple, the service is there until 7/26. That doesn't mean that individual photos that you uploaded more than 30 days ago are still there.

Apple shut down new uploads to My Photo Stream a month in advance of the total shutdown date of 7/26/2024 so that by the time they do the total shutdown, all of the photos uploaded in June 2023 before My Photo Stream stopped accepting uploads would have hit the 30-day mark and been deleted anyway.

If anything that you uploaded to My Photo Stream before June 24, 2023 is still there, count yourself lucky. Very lucky. By the normal rules of operation of My Photo Stream, anything uploaded to My Photo Stream before then would have been deleted from the Photo Stream.

Only your original copy (or other copies you made outside of My Photo Stream) will still be around, provided that you didn't lose or delete it (or them).

My Photo Stream has trickled down to its final couple of days worth of uploaded photos, and in two days, when the stream is dry, the stream bed will be filled in with concrete, forever.

how get photo stream without an apple device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.