You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do if the directions to reset password went to an email address other than mine or my rescue email address

I forgot my password and asked that the directions for resetting the password be sent to my email address. I then noticed that it was sent to some email address that I didn't recognize. I re-entered the request to have it sent to my phone, so I have now changed my password. What I'm concerned about is the other email address it went to.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 1:42 PM

From: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Add or change a rescue [for most people called a notification address] email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.

2. Select Sign-In and Security.

3. Select Rescue Email. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions or enter your Apple ID password before you continue.

4. To add a rescue email address, select Add email. Then enter your rescue email address, then select Save changes. We send a verification to that address.

5. To change a rescue email address, enter the new address. We send a verification to that address.

6. Enter the verification code and click Continue.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2023 1:42 PM in response to cgomper

From: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Add or change a rescue [for most people called a notification address] email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.

2. Select Sign-In and Security.

3. Select Rescue Email. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions or enter your Apple ID password before you continue.

4. To add a rescue email address, select Add email. Then enter your rescue email address, then select Save changes. We send a verification to that address.

5. To change a rescue email address, enter the new address. We send a verification to that address.

6. Enter the verification code and click Continue.

What do I do if the directions to reset password went to an email address other than mine or my rescue email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.