You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible to connect to Apple Music to family access. All Music, playlists are lost…

All my Music and Playlists disappeared. I have Family access, but it’s impossible to connect to it. There is an info in Settings that I have an access, so everything should work. But nothing happens. Nothing works in Music App. The owner of the Music subscription checked his details, all is ok, I have an access. Please advise what to do.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 2:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:53 AM

Not sure if by "Family Access" you mean that you are part of Family Sharing or that the Organizer has the Family subscription to Apple Music. The Family subscription to Apple Music does cost more and is required to share the service even with Family Sharing.

If the Organizer removed you from Family Sharing or changed their Apple Music subscription to the Individual plan, then you would lose all of your downloaded music and playlists. This would happen even if the Organizer stopped sharing the subscription and then re-enabled it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2023 8:53 AM in response to IrinaFomina

Not sure if by "Family Access" you mean that you are part of Family Sharing or that the Organizer has the Family subscription to Apple Music. The Family subscription to Apple Music does cost more and is required to share the service even with Family Sharing.

If the Organizer removed you from Family Sharing or changed their Apple Music subscription to the Individual plan, then you would lose all of your downloaded music and playlists. This would happen even if the Organizer stopped sharing the subscription and then re-enabled it.

Impossible to connect to Apple Music to family access. All Music, playlists are lost…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.