You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music videos between Mac and other devices

Hello all.

I wonder if anyone can help me get my music videos in Apple Music to sync with Music on my iPad?

I have some music videos that I have downloaded from other sources and added to Apple Music on my Mac. They are in mp4 format and play without issues on the Mac. They don't sync with iCloud and the little arrow in "Songs" list shows them as ineligible for iCloud.

I have an Apple Music subscription and sync my music across all devices.

I've searched for a setting to sync music videos (I'm sure I've seen it before) but can't find it. I've tried dragging the file from my Mac to a Finder window with iPad open but that didn't work. I've also noticed to the right of the title field on Songs view on Mac, there are three dots that open a context menu, one of which says "Add to Device..." which offers iPad as an option but it doesn't do anything (this is when I have iPad connected to Mac via USB-C).

Does anyone know how I might get these videos across?

iPad Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 5:09 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Syncing music videos between Mac and other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.