You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail won't attach some files

Suddenly my Mac won't attach files to emails. Not every file, some still work, but most. When I drag the icon of the file to attach it, it says "downloading" beneath it. (This is to attach a file to send it, not to download an incoming file). I have no idea why this started, but I updated the system hoping it would clear it, and no luck. I can send the email, and it shows an attachment on the receiving end, but it either can't be downloaded or says corrupted. I'm stuck. Thanks in advance. OSX 13.5.

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 4:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2024 6:54 PM

did anyone solve this problem? I've had it for months

Similar questions

9 replies

Jan 12, 2024 2:13 PM in response to Mschade5000

Me too. This is so annoying. It's not the downloading of an attachment that has been sent to me, it is the Mail program downloading it from the hard drive as an attchment to send. No it's not in the cloud. No it doesn't matter if i drag and drop or use the paperclip attach icon. It just shows the word "Downloading..." (in blue) and it never downloads. Yes I've toggled the setting in account to Download All, Download None, but again that seems more like for receiving attachments not trying to send them. This has been an issue for a long time. Someone please help. Thank you.

Jul 27, 2023 7:00 PM in response to Mschade5000

Mschade5000 wrote:

Suddenly my Mac won't attach files to emails. Not every file, some still work, but most.
When I drag the icon of the file to attach it,
it says "downloading" beneath it. (This is to attach a file to send it, not to download an incoming file). I have no idea why this started, but I updated the system hoping it would clear it, and no luck. I can send the email, and it shows an attachment on the receiving end, but it either can't be downloaded or says corrupted. I'm stuck. Thanks in advance. OSX 13.5.

Try using the attachment icon and compare your results...

ref: Mail User Guide for Mac

Mac Mail won't attach some files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.