You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten password for macbook air. How do I reset it?

password reset

Piyush’s MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 7:23 PM

ps2080 Said:

"I have forgotten password for macbook air. How do I reset it?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Forgotten Mac Password:

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2023 7:23 PM in response to ps2080

ps2080 Said:

"I have forgotten password for macbook air. How do I reset it?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Forgotten Mac Password:

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

Jul 27, 2023 7:24 PM in response to ps2080

If you mean your Mac login password then that can be reset with your Apple ID Password by following this link:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-your-mac-login-password-mh35902/mac

If you forgot your Apple ID Password, then along with the support article that was viewed on top, there is this one:

If you forget your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

I have forgotten password for macbook air. How do I reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.