You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes randomly disappeared

my notes randomly disappeared tonight, but i don't think i've done anything to cause it. when i open my notes app, it goes straight to the folders screen, which is now empty. i used to have a couple folders, but now they're gone. i can hit edit in the top right, but nothing appears for me to select. i can type any note's name in the search bar but nothing appears. when i go into my settings, the right amount of data is there still for the notes app. i can also go to my mac and see the notes there, but i still want the original issue fixed and have them back on my phone without having to airdrop or copy and paste all 94 notes. also, the notes on my mac are not as updated as the ones on my phone were. one of them i just updated yesterday or so and on my mac it has a version of that note from the beginning of july. even if i create a new note, it disappears to the right of the screen and isn't visible from the folders screen.

currently i can't update my phone (iPhone 12 Pro, ios version 16.1) because of how little storage i have, and i haven't deleted any notes very recently. i don't know what to do. i just got done chatting with someone on the apple support site but nothing they've suggested has helped yet. currently i'm updating my icloud to the 200gb icloud+ plan to save all of my photos before i did anything, but it's taking a while (94.07gb of photos on my phone). i can't really find anything online either. if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!!

*this has been crossposted btw

Jaime

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 1:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2023 1:53 AM in response to aphelio

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Notes randomly disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.