You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 not vibrating for texts

Hey all. My phone suddenly stopped vibrating when receiving texts. I still see the notification for the texts on screen. I’ve gone through settings and made sure haptics were turned on in “sound and hapatics.” I’ve also gone through accessibility->touch and made sure vibration was on. The vibration on my phone still works, I feel it when I receive calls and when I toggle hapatics off and on I feel a small vibration. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 8:06 PM

Re: My phone suddenly stopped vibrating when receiving texts.

You might want to check Settings > Notifications >

eg: you can check your alert styles or alert settings for Messages app are correctly set

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Check if haptic feedback is set to off or on ... go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.

NB: Check if "System Haptics" is off or on.

(When System Haptics is off, you won’t hear or feel vibrations for incoming calls and alerts.)

More info: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2023 8:06 PM in response to Bezela

Re: My phone suddenly stopped vibrating when receiving texts.

You might want to check Settings > Notifications >

eg: you can check your alert styles or alert settings for Messages app are correctly set

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Check if haptic feedback is set to off or on ... go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.

NB: Check if "System Haptics" is off or on.

(When System Haptics is off, you won’t hear or feel vibrations for incoming calls and alerts.)

More info: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

iphone 13 not vibrating for texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.