You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to locate my iPhone if it’s turned off?

How long i can track my device after switched off ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 11:49 AM

If the phone is powered off, the "Last Known Location" at that time will display for about a day.

After that the status of the phone will appear as "Offline".

The phone can also be "Offline" for several reasons:

• The battery has run down
  • The phone has been powered off
  • The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is currently located

In addition, iPhone thieves are very fond of placing the phone into a special type of bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive a signal.....even if everything else on the phone is working.

About all that you can do is check a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2024 11:49 AM in response to hitman130

If the phone is powered off, the "Last Known Location" at that time will display for about a day.

After that the status of the phone will appear as "Offline".

The phone can also be "Offline" for several reasons:

• The phone has been powered off
  • The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is currently located

In addition, iPhone thieves are very fond of placing the phone into a special type of bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive a signal.....even if everything else on the phone is working.

About all that you can do is check a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

Jul 30, 2023 3:15 PM in response to hitman130

There are reasons why you can't track the phone.

• The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is located
  • The thief has put the phone in a special bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive any signals

If it has been a few days and you haven't seen the phone.......I'm sorry but you need to be realistic. The phone is gone.

Am I able to locate my iPhone if it’s turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.