You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links in Apple mail opening wrong URL in Safari iOS

Hello! Safari is the default browser on my iPhone 14. When I click on links in mail in Apple Mail, it opens the wrong URL in Safari. How can I fix this?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 2:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:05 AM

The links are definitely correct. But when Safari opens it just opens a previous tab I’ve had open. Never the new link

5 replies

May 8, 2024 1:22 PM in response to sascha33

I discovered this problem with URLs in my email signature. The URL appears correct, but clicking on it while the little dropdown arrow is present opens the wrong URL. Long-pressing the link opens the correct URL.

I don't think this problem is unique to Apple Mail because it happens with emails that both originate from and are read in Outlook (running the local 365 client on a Mac). The problem does not occur for me when the signature is viewed on non-Apple devices. I think it is a problem with Safari and how it interprets and processes potential hyperlinks, but I need to test it more when I have time.

Links in Apple mail opening wrong URL in Safari iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.