You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac shutting down with 30% battery

my Mac is shutting down with 30-40% of battery level.

I don't receive any notification.

my battery works around 1h without charger.

is it possible to make something?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 10:51 AM

You current full charge capacity is 2852 mAH. Full new battery capacity is listed as 4790 mAH. 2852 is 59.5% of the full design capacity. That's how the 59.5% you see is calculated.

Apple recommends you replace the battery when your remaining capacity drops to 80%. You're well below the 80% threshold for replacement.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2023 10:51 AM in response to moisefromnew york

You current full charge capacity is 2852 mAH. Full new battery capacity is listed as 4790 mAH. 2852 is 59.5% of the full design capacity. That's how the 59.5% you see is calculated.

Apple recommends you replace the battery when your remaining capacity drops to 80%. You're well below the 80% threshold for replacement.

Aug 1, 2023 10:38 AM in response to moisefromnew york

It says "Mac OS battery status: Check battery"

That's coming from somewhere.

If your Apple menu -> System Preferences/Settings Notifications has certain notifications turned off, you won't see battery status automatically. Generally if you click on the battery icon in the menubar, it will tell you Check battery as well or Service Recommended. If it doesn't, then Cocoanut battery is detecting some precondition that doesn't alert the OS right away.

Mac shutting down with 30% battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.