You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete duplicate photos, and organize my library

I found many albums, and they are not in sequence. Some photo from 2022 was mixed in with 2012, and so on.

Many files, with the same pictures.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 5:53 PM

This document should help with deleting duplicates;

Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone – Apple Support (AU) - iPhone

Remove duplicate photos in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (AU) - Macintosh

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 1, 2023 12:03 AM in response to tamei

Photos in albums are not necessarily duplicates. You can add a photo to many albums, without creating a copy of the photo. Each photo will only be stored once in your Photos Library and the albums are referencing this one instance of the photo. You will only get a duplicate in your library, if you import the same photo twice and ignore the warning about a potential duplicate. A photo is only a duplicate, if you are seeing it twice in the All Photos album.

If you upgrade your mac to macOS 13 Ventura, you can use the built-in duplicate detection to find duplicates, as shown in the links in the previous post. But this requires macOS 13.

how to delete duplicate photos, and organize my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.