You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to delete multiple pages (thumbnails)?

I set up a template document for home inspections with many blank pages with pre-formatted tables in to drop images into and write text descriptions. Sometimes the report will be much shorter and I need to remove several of these pages.

In an older version of Pages I was able to select multiple thumbnails over on the left and then delete them, easy peasy. Now I have to select one, hit delete, and do that over and over.

Not the end of the world, but Is there a way to select multiple thumbnails to speed up this process?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 5:25 AM

If your Pages document is a page layout design (not the default word processing choice), then you can select one or n-tuple thumbnails and delete them. If you try this in a word processing document, you will whack all of the document contents. If you attempt to use File menu : Convert to Page Layout on a word processing document, you will wipe the existing content, just as the preceding sentence.

Intro to word-processing and page layout documents in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 5:25 AM in response to Marcus_Barcus

If your Pages document is a page layout design (not the default word processing choice), then you can select one or n-tuple thumbnails and delete them. If you try this in a word processing document, you will whack all of the document contents. If you attempt to use File menu : Convert to Page Layout on a word processing document, you will wipe the existing content, just as the preceding sentence.

Intro to word-processing and page layout documents in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Is there a way to delete multiple pages (thumbnails)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.