You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri on HomePod Mini answers when Im trying to ask Siri on my iPhone to do something specific to my iPhone

If I want Siri to set an alarm on my iPhone and I am close to my HomePod Mini, Siri on the HomePod will answer and it will set the alarm on the HomePod. Sometime I set the alarm as a reminder of something in a few hours and I may not even be in the house when I need the alarm to to off. I know I can disable "Hey Siri" on the HomePod but that defeats the whole purpose if I keep haing to tourn it on and off all the time.

Is there someway I can force a way to distinguish between them? or some other workaround?

Can I turn down the sesitiviy for Siri on the HomePod?

HomePod mini

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 3:29 PM

There is no way to to force one to answer

You can submit feedback Feedback - HomePod - Apple

If you’re near your phone, it might be better to use Siri manually as opposed to “hey siri”

Use Siri on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply

Siri on HomePod Mini answers when Im trying to ask Siri on my iPhone to do something specific to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.