You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Mini

I just bought a new Apple Mac Mini and need to connect both a microphone and audio speaker. Thoughts on best way to do this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:25 AM

There is just a single audio jack, so you can't have concurrent audio in and out on the same port. Consider a powered Bluetooth speaker, and use the single jack for the microphone, or a USB-A or USB-C dongle with a microphone jack for that purpose.

If my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are any proof, the Bluetooth audio is excellent, even when paired to a quality Bluetooth speaker instead.

My M2 mini Pro connects a Logitech C920 Pro camera to a USB-A hub solely for the microphone support and external headphone or speaker as described for audio clarity.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 8:25 AM in response to wheelerdeeler

There is just a single audio jack, so you can't have concurrent audio in and out on the same port. Consider a powered Bluetooth speaker, and use the single jack for the microphone, or a USB-A or USB-C dongle with a microphone jack for that purpose.

If my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are any proof, the Bluetooth audio is excellent, even when paired to a quality Bluetooth speaker instead.

My M2 mini Pro connects a Logitech C920 Pro camera to a USB-A hub solely for the microphone support and external headphone or speaker as described for audio clarity.

New Apple Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.