You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead on arrival Macbook Pro display

Hi there.

On July 3, I ordered a brand new MacBook Pro from an official Apple importer in the country where I live (Israel).

Because this is a computer with relatively "rare" specifications (MacBook Pro 14”, M2 Max 12C CPU 38C GPU, 64GB, 1TB, Silver)

It was necessary to wait 28 business days until the computer arrived.

Today I received the computer with a courier from the UPS company to my house and when I turned on the macbook I noticed that there is a small part in the middle of the screen that flickers. Unfortunately, it's the weekend right now in Israel and the company I bought the computer from isn't answering my phone. The official Apple customer service in the country where I live is also not available.

This is a computer in which I invested the best of my money and I am afraid that Apple / the supplier from whom I bought the computer will disown me but I am not ready to settle for less than a brand new computer. Are you familiar with such a case? Will Apple recognize this case as DOA? I would appreciate your help as soon as possible. Thanks!

Video of the screen while flickering

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 1:05 PM

If you bought DIRECT from Apple (not from a Reseller or other Retailer of any description) you have 14 days from receipt for a full-value refund or exchange, for ANY reason.

If you bought from a Reseller, the Reseller's policies apply, and you must deal with the Reseller for fulfillment.

In some countries Apple does not have a national presence, so there are only Resellers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2023 1:05 PM in response to maor98

If you bought DIRECT from Apple (not from a Reseller or other Retailer of any description) you have 14 days from receipt for a full-value refund or exchange, for ANY reason.

If you bought from a Reseller, the Reseller's policies apply, and you must deal with the Reseller for fulfillment.

In some countries Apple does not have a national presence, so there are only Resellers.

Dead on arrival Macbook Pro display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.