You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove an obsolete email that is being used to notify of security risks, it states to go to another device?

Logging into to my apple.id settings I see an obsolete email, I can’t remove, can you help?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 5:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:22 PM

Read this article about managing the information you use with your account --> Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

go to the section about Add additional email addresses to help people find and communicate with you on Apple services like FaceTime, iMessage, and Find My.

5 replies

Aug 4, 2023 5:19 AM in response to SuzanneT1

This "continue on" message seems to be appearing in various contexts when editing Apple Account information with a web browser. You can try editing the information as indicated in the messages by using Settings. Others have found using a different browser or simply trying again may work.

Related discussions:

every time I tried to create an app-speci… - Apple Community

"Someone in another post said to use a different browser (not Safari or whichever one you normally use). That worked for me."

"Use a computer to generate the App specific passwords. Don't use Safari or Chrome. I got it to work using Firefox on my Mac."

"the Chrome browser works for me."

Can't change Apple ID - Apple Community

"OK it just worked. No idea what was going on before. Thanks for the help anyway!"

Can't Change / Remove Apple ID Notificati… - Apple Community

Occurred while changing account information using a web browser.

Aug 4, 2023 5:14 AM in response to SuzanneT1

When I log into IPhone 11, my Apple ID, the notification email Chiefsxxxxx@earthlink.net, I can not remove. This is no longer in use, can’t verify or remove. If I select remove , it states to continue on one of my devices. I open my IPad Pro, under settings -I do not see chiefsxxxxx@earthlink.net anywhere. Please advise. How can change the notification email on my apple.Id account.

How can I remove an obsolete email that is being used to notify of security risks, it states to go to another device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.