You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad keyboard disappears in Mail

The keyboard on my iPad regularly disappears when I am typing in Mail and the only way I can recover is to delete the message (saving it as a draft) and then reopening the draft to continue typing.

This only happens in Mail on new and forwarded messages as well as replies. The iPad is fully up to date (6.5.1 (c)) and has no special keyboards installed. I’ve also hard reset the device several times and force-closed the app but the problem persists, albeit randomly and only in Mail.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 2:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 12:11 AM

I agree. It's been driving me nuts and see I am not alone. I had been using an on screen keyboard many years prior to having this happen...one of the "updates" apparently having caused this glitch. Please fix.

7 replies

IPad keyboard disappears in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.