You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 of my 4 Apple TV's will not connect to a HomePod mini.

I have 4 Apple TV's, 2 Homepod minis and 7 Homepod (v1). 1 of the ATV's will not play to one of the HP mini's. I can see it in the list of available Airplay devices but it will not connect. TVoS is 16.6. I have reset, factory reset, rest and re-installed the ATV etc. etc. The ATV is 4K 2nd Gen A1842 (32Gb). All other ATV's will play to all Homepods.

Not sure what to do next!

TIA.....

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 4:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 12:47 PM

This particular ATV model should be able to be set at the default audio. See: Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K for instructions.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 8, 2023 1:29 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks for your response. I went into 'Audio Output' and selected the HomePod mini with the issue as the 'Temporary Audio Output'. It connected! For whatever reason it now connects directly from their dropdown list of Airplay devices. So issue resolved but no idea why. Nevertheless, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

1 of my 4 Apple TV's will not connect to a HomePod mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.