You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Cord Charging in UK

Do I have to take the "cube" with me from the US to the UK, or may I just plug the USB C cord into a travel plug adapter. The adapter is not a voltage converter--just a plug adapter. The Apple "cube" is dual voltage, but I'm trying to not take the "cube" and only use a plug adapter that has several USB slots with a UK plug, but does NOT convert voltage. I keep reading that the "cube" is dual voltage, but I'm wondering if the phone/iPad themselves are dual voltage and can be plugged into the UK adapter. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 8:07 AM

You can plug the USB C cord into a travel plug adapter......assuming that the travel plug adapter has a USB port. Some do, and some don't.

If you will be staying at a hotel, most hotels have USB ports built into the nightstand lamps which you can use to charge the phone

Otherwise, you can connect the iPhone / iPad to any USB power supply or port.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Dalwhinnie23

You can plug the USB C cord into a travel plug adapter......assuming that the travel plug adapter has a USB port. Some do, and some don't.

If you will be staying at a hotel, most hotels have USB ports built into the nightstand lamps which you can use to charge the phone

Otherwise, you can connect the iPhone / iPad to any USB power supply or port.

USB Cord Charging in UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.