You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting a default text box

I would like to be able to insert a text box with the attributes I require. For instance nearly every time I insert a text box I want it to stay on the page and text wrap set to none. I think I once saw a way of doing this but can't for the life of me find how to do this. To be able to set other attributes would be great, i.e to have a border or set the background to white. Am I asking too much. Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks

DaveC

iMac 27″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 10:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 5:35 AM

All you can do is starting with a blank Pages document, create the text box, size and position it, set any attributes, and then set the Object Placement and Text Wrap as desired. Then either save it as a new Template, or as a separate Pages document to act as a Text box source.

In the latter case, you open the Pages document containing the Text box and then copy/paste it into the preferred document. The paste operation to the new document retains all Text box settings as saved to the donor document.

Pages cannot otherwise be configured to a automatically perform the above without either a donor document or the use of a saved template.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2023 5:35 AM in response to DaveC19

All you can do is starting with a blank Pages document, create the text box, size and position it, set any attributes, and then set the Object Placement and Text Wrap as desired. Then either save it as a new Template, or as a separate Pages document to act as a Text box source.

In the latter case, you open the Pages document containing the Text box and then copy/paste it into the preferred document. The paste operation to the new document retains all Text box settings as saved to the donor document.

Pages cannot otherwise be configured to a automatically perform the above without either a donor document or the use of a saved template.

setting a default text box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.