You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My SE is asking for another persons Apple ID after I have re-set it.

I bought an Apple 5 SE (1st gen) new from a department store several years ago, I used it for a long time and only upgraded recently to the Apple 12 mini, purchased new again from a department store. I transferred all data to the 12 and kept the 5 in my possession just in case and as a spare. During my time with my SE, I had my macbook pro stolen in Barcelona and that was never to be seen again. I am now trying to use my SE now as a back-up phone but it is not recognising my passcode anymore. I have done a full factory re-set in the hope that this would help, it has asked me for my apple ID which I entered, it says incorrect. It says that it is locked to the owner but I am the owner and always have been. It says to unlock this phone, enter the apple ID and password that were used during setup. Someone M*****@icloud.com, this is not me. It asks if I want to use the activation lock help, it now says, a password is required to activate this device because its owner has used find my iphone to link it to their Apple ID. I thinks that I am not the original owner and I can only assume that someone used my stolen macbook to find my iPhone! Nothing I have tried will get me in to my phone, what now?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:47 AM

Without the password you will be unable to lock the device. If you have your original purchase receipt Apple may be able to help unlock the device through a support request.

1 reply

My SE is asking for another persons Apple ID after I have re-set it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.