You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after update 16.6 two different iPads are having trouble charging. This is a completely new problem that did not exist before the update.

Nothing has changed except the iOS update. The worst problem is on the iPad Pro, which is only 18 months old. It charges very slowly using the original Apple charger, and loses charge if you try to use it while charging.

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 12:33 PM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2023 10:53 AM in response to jlesow

Hi jlesow,

When charging your iPads, check out Charge the iPad battery, you can charge it by connecting to a computer or an adapter. As seen in About Apple USB power adapters if your iPad uses USB-C, the power adapter needs to be at least 18W.

If it happens when connected to an adapter that is at least 18W or when connected to a computer, you'll want to follow the steps found in the resource you came to us from: If your iPad won't charge.

Take care.

Sep 12, 2023 5:42 PM in response to jlesow

I’m having the same issue. Only one iPad but it’s a pro 5th gen. I have tried several different charging cords and several different blocks to no avail.

I noticed that it’s every 5 to 6 seconds but it’s a consistently intermittent charge. So it’ll charge 5-6 seconds then go to not charging for about a second then repeat. I was only able to successfully charge it when it was powered down. ***** wack.

after update 16.6 two different iPads are having trouble charging. This is a completely new problem that did not exist before the update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.