You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my iPhone 6plus which has reached 12.5 iOS

I want to update my iOS to 16.7 but my iPhone 6 Plus is up to date with iOS 12.5. I want to do this because I need Instagram and other applications that need my iPhone to have iOS 16.7

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 1:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 2:17 AM

1. Check for Software Updates: Go to "Settings" on your iPhone 6 Plus.
  2. General: Scroll down and tap on "General."
  3. Software Update: Tap on "Software Update." Your device will check if there are any available updates, but if you're already on iOS 12.5, you likely won't see any newer updates.

It's important to note that keeping your device updated to the latest available version is a good practice for security and compatibility reasons. Since your iPhone 6 Plus can't be updated beyond iOS 12.5, consider using the device for tasks that don't require the latest software features, or you might consider upgrading to a newer iPhone model if you want access to the latest iOS updates and features.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2023 2:17 AM in response to Joenze

1. Check for Software Updates: Go to "Settings" on your iPhone 6 Plus.
  2. General: Scroll down and tap on "General."
  3. Software Update: Tap on "Software Update." Your device will check if there are any available updates, but if you're already on iOS 12.5, you likely won't see any newer updates.

It's important to note that keeping your device updated to the latest available version is a good practice for security and compatibility reasons. Since your iPhone 6 Plus can't be updated beyond iOS 12.5, consider using the device for tasks that don't require the latest software features, or you might consider upgrading to a newer iPhone model if you want access to the latest iOS updates and features.

How do I update my iPhone 6plus which has reached 12.5 iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.