You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera error message

I have an error msg that indicates my camera isn’t genuine parts, it is, or not working properly, and it is. How do I know of something is wrong and get the msg to go away

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 1:07 PM

Hello Willming!

That message shows up if you had the camera replaced by an unauthorized service provider.

Also, that message may show up if there is an issue with the camera, even if it wasn’t replaced.

So, you must take the device in to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further examination:

Have a wonderful day, and good luck!

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2023 1:07 PM in response to Willming

Hello Willming!

That message shows up if you had the camera replaced by an unauthorized service provider.

Also, that message may show up if there is an issue with the camera, even if it wasn’t replaced.

So, you must take the device in to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further examination:

Have a wonderful day, and good luck!

[Edited by Moderator]

Apr 12, 2024 1:04 PM in response to Willming

Hi there, I owned an iPhone 13 Pro Max and that error could also mean someone has tampered with your phone’s camera or the background settings on the device aren’t working as expected. I never had my iPhone repaired either last year and ran into that weird alert suddenly. Has anyone had physical access to your phone or you let anyone use it? Not that this is certain but this could be really serious and would involve likely someone doing something on it who had physical access to it. From what I recall when encountering this last year on my iPhone is I thought the message was indeed odd, and I waited far too long to get it investigated. Come to find out I was hacked and it was serious, and diagnostics couldn’t be run on the phone when troubleshooting. Best to get that looked at by apple support ASAP! It’s an urgent one. Good luck!

Camera error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.