You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is it that my iPhone 14 pro max is saying “Camera unknown part and I bought it at Apple Store in Orlando, Mellenia mall

I bought this iPhone 14 pro max at the Apple Store in Orlando, Mellenia Mall. With this last update it’s showing Camera “unknown part”. How is that possible when I thought that iPhone bought straight from the Apple Store itself should have all genuine parts. This was not bought from any third part and certainly never been worked on by me or anyone else…. Matter of fact it’s brand new seeing it was bought in the end of the month of May 2023.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 4:04 PM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2023 4:09 PM in response to lentraille

2 Possibilities:

1) The new software detected a potential issue with the camera

2) False alarm

In either case, you would want to make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to let them hook up the diagnostic equipment and check over the phone.

You can find authorized services shops in your area using this link:

Find Locations

How is it that my iPhone 14 pro max is saying “Camera unknown part and I bought it at Apple Store in Orlando, Mellenia mall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.