You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I deactivate Safari and start using Chrome are all of my passwords and information still on my iPad that I can use on Chrome thank you

I want to switch to using Chrome instead of Safari I want to know if all of my info that I have there will still be able to use on Chrome and I will lose nothing, like passwords

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:54 AM

There is no way to de-activate Safari. You can choose to use a different browser and set it as the default browser as shown in the support document you posted from, but this does not de-activate Safari in any way. It can still be used at any time. Your passwords will remain stored in the Keychain. They won't be directly available to Chrome, but you can access the at any time from Settings ➜ Passwords.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2023 9:54 AM in response to sharonfromlumberton

There is no way to de-activate Safari. You can choose to use a different browser and set it as the default browser as shown in the support document you posted from, but this does not de-activate Safari in any way. It can still be used at any time. Your passwords will remain stored in the Keychain. They won't be directly available to Chrome, but you can access the at any time from Settings ➜ Passwords.

If I deactivate Safari and start using Chrome are all of my passwords and information still on my iPad that I can use on Chrome thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.