You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Video Playback

I have numerous Music Videos from numerous sources. How to create a playlist that will include all of my videos from all different sources to playback from my Apple TV in "jukebox" form? I want them to shuffle play during an 80's party I am hosting.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 10:26 AM

Using Home Sharing, the Computers app on Apple TV has a Music tab, and then a Music Videos option in the side bar, which will then list the various music videos in the Library on the main section of the screen. One of the buttons above that will be to Shuffle playback. No need for a playlist on the source computer.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2023 10:26 AM in response to TOADY

Using Home Sharing, the Computers app on Apple TV has a Music tab, and then a Music Videos option in the side bar, which will then list the various music videos in the Library on the main section of the screen. One of the buttons above that will be to Shuffle playback. No need for a playlist on the source computer.

Aug 15, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Tried that option but it only lists the 12 Apple iTunes videos I have purchased directly from Apple. It will not list the total videos that I have from other sources, all 121 of them. It doesn’t recognize all of the Apple videos either, especially older purchases from 2006, etc. These videos are greyed, but if you play them, they do play, just the screen frame doesn’t show the video. The entire video collection can be seen on my laptop but that won’t play via Airplay, either.

Aug 15, 2023 2:48 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I have never made any adjustments to CODEC, so I am unaware of the details to change.

Playing the videos on Apple TV with a different media player does not seem feasible. They

have to play over the Apple TV with a shuffle feature; all of the videos are already an Apple

TV version, so there is nothing to convert. I can't even use the Apple TV to play a list of the

videos because I have done that and only 7 videos will play. I'm at a loss now.

Music Video Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.