You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect my JVC camcorder to Mac desktop

The camcorder is a JVC GZ-R15 which I have had for several years but not used for some time now. Never had any problems with my previous Mac, but with this one all I get is buffering on the camcorder screen after pressing "connect to pc: followed by "playback on pc". An HDD icon should appear on my desktop, but there is nothing there. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the cable as I was able to charge it up via the mains but having said that when I previously tried to do the same via my desktop Mac the battery just drained away. I switched USB sockets to no avail, and as far as I am aware the smart card is fine as i can watch the footage i took on it. There is nothing on iMovie(10.3.8) either, so I thought maybe there were compatibility problems, but having checked on an Apple list (2023) this camcorder is very much there so I am flummoxed

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 11:55 AM

Might be a faulty cable. Or maybe insufficient free space on your Mac. Or possibly need to give it more time buffering.

In any event, assuming that you have a card reader or slot, try dragging your vids from the card to the Mac.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies

Unable to connect my JVC camcorder to Mac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.