You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I cancel applecare of a phone I sold

I been charged for three months of two phone applecare that I no longer have. How can I cancel and get a refund?

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 5:56 PM

Since Applecare is tied to a device and its' serial number (rather than a person), you needed to cancel it when selling the phone as the new owner can be taking advantage of it if necessary (if he/she knows that it is covered by Applecare).

You may want to call Apple and ask to be transferred to the Applecare division and ask them - explain the situation and have the serial number ready. 800-275-2273. Normally, you can either cancel for a pro-rata refund or transfer it to another new owner, which is sort of what happened here.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2023 5:56 PM in response to Rakelin

Since Applecare is tied to a device and its' serial number (rather than a person), you needed to cancel it when selling the phone as the new owner can be taking advantage of it if necessary (if he/she knows that it is covered by Applecare).

You may want to call Apple and ask to be transferred to the Applecare division and ask them - explain the situation and have the serial number ready. 800-275-2273. Normally, you can either cancel for a pro-rata refund or transfer it to another new owner, which is sort of what happened here.

How can I cancel applecare of a phone I sold

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.