You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 doesn’t charge sufficiently overnight

My iPhone 14 won’t charge sufficiently on wireless charger overnight. The lower the battery % the worse it chargers. It can be at 22% & still only at 41% by morning. I can’t work out why it seems to charge fine with a cable just seems to be wireless I think???

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:36 AM

If you’d like to charge your iPhone wirelessly overnight, your best bet is to use a MagSafe Charger. See How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 14, iPhone 13, and iPhone 12 models - Apple Support. All other wireless chargers will charge the device at much lower speeds, which is what you might be experiencing here.

In general, aligning the charging coils on the charger with the charging coils at the back of the phone influences the charging speed, and with non-MagSafe chargers, it’s hard to know when you have good alignment. With MagSafe, the charger will snap in place.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2023 1:36 AM in response to mollymonks

If you’d like to charge your iPhone wirelessly overnight, your best bet is to use a MagSafe Charger. See How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 14, iPhone 13, and iPhone 12 models - Apple Support. All other wireless chargers will charge the device at much lower speeds, which is what you might be experiencing here.

In general, aligning the charging coils on the charger with the charging coils at the back of the phone influences the charging speed, and with non-MagSafe chargers, it’s hard to know when you have good alignment. With MagSafe, the charger will snap in place.

iPhone 14 doesn’t charge sufficiently overnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.