You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer stopped working after Ventura 13.5 Update

I have a Mac since 2006. Since we got this one [Monterey] 2022, & updated to Ventura, every time I update to the next version problems with my Printer connection is compromised. [I've also been having problems sending mail]. I haven't changed the WiFi settings, printer settings, E-mail, etc. Router is on, WiFi is on.

I just updated to version 13.5, & my Canon Printer does not connect to the WiFi. And it doesn't even show up in Utilities! When I try to print, the Printer shows it is "offline, but nothing has changed. This is the 2nd time I updated, that has messed up my printer data. And I can't change anything in Systems Settings, or WiFi to fix this. I even went to Cannon to see if there was some "update" download for it. They did, I downloaded it, but it doesn't show in Download?

So I called Apple care, they couldn't help, & claim "it's the printer" which is is not, in "System Settings" nothing has changed with the printer. I looked up the Canon website [for my printer] & went through their great visual steps to reconnect to the LAN - PIN # - Still nothing happened.

I'd appreciate any Help to fix this.

PS this makes me fearful to do any more updates, as every time I do one, something else goes wrong.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 2:36 PM

Kathylpv wrote:

I have a Mac since 2006. Since we got this one [Monterey] 2022, & updated to Ventura, every time I update to the next version problems with my Printer connection is compromised. [I've also been having problems sending mail]. I haven't changed the WiFi settings, printer settings, E-mail, etc. Router is on, WiFi is on.
I just updated to version 13.5, & my Canon Printer does not connect to the WiFi. And it doesn't even show up in Utilities! When I try to print, the Printer shows it is "offline, but nothing has changed. This is the 2nd time I updated, that has messed up my printer data. And I can't change anything in Systems Settings, or WiFi to fix this. I even went to Cannon to see if there was some "update" download for it. They did, I downloaded it, but it doesn't show in Download?
So I called Apple care, they couldn't help, & claim "it's the printer" which is is not, in "System Settings" nothing has changed with the printer. I looked up the Canon website [for my printer] & went through their great visual steps to reconnect to the LAN - PIN # - Still nothing happened.
PS this makes me fearful to do any more updates, as every time I do one, something else goes wrong.

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2023 2:36 PM in response to Kathylpv

Kathylpv wrote:

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Printer stopped working after Ventura 13.5 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.